Sunday, June 04, 2006

 
Living quarters at the temple....



The general conference room with the smaller screened room in the far left, is my sleeping area. The prominent figure in my sleeping area is .... the Buddha. A few extra blankets on the floor have made sleeping a little easier, but the hard wood floor is still..., well.. hard. I use the upturned chair legs in the conference room as hangers for my clothes.



The screens keep most of the bugs out, plus the fan keeps the room cool at night. Pretty basic, and it is, in reality .... all I really need. After having been rather disappointed with my room, I went back to basic Buddhist teachings that suffering is something I create for myself. I can also "un-create" suffering, or bring an end to my own suffering .... with the use of mindfullness. Or as old Abe Lincoln once said... "Folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?