Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Date Line Bangkok: Friends For All Children



Three years ago when I was on my first tourist trip to Thailand, I met with Saovanee, the Director of Friends For All Children about possibly returning to teach English. Saovanee helped arrange for me to teach in what's known as Thailand's "Swiss Alps" with the Hmong hill tribe. I spent a month teaching students at that school.

Saovanee runs an orphanage in Bangkok and NongKhai, so whenever I'm here, I like to stop by and say "Hi". Even though Saovanee was out at meetings all day today, I was able to join the staff and not only play with the little infants, but also feed them too! The Bangkok Office had about 16 babies waiting for adoption, including twin boys, and the NongKhai Office has just as many if not more! I've always been impressed at how well Saovanee cares for these little ones. And they are so, so cute!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?